Selina is a haven for nomads, travelers, and explorers redefining what it means to travel, work, and explore. Selina is not just accommodation. Yes, we offer (gorgeous, beautifully-designed) places to stay. More than that, we offer a place to connect with others. Be inspired by stunning beaches and lush jungles. Fuel your creativity in energetic urban centers. Catch a wave, dance until dawn, or tap into a new level of productivity with surfing, activities, co-working, and community by Selina. If you’re looking for a unique, immersive, purpose-filled experience, you’re looking for Selina.
What drives Selina?
We’re driven to create a new way to travel that focuses on forming a community. Digital nomads, nonstop travelers, break-takers, local communities and Selina staff make up our “neighborhood.”
A little history…
In 2007 Rafael Museri and Daniel Rudasevski were living in Pedasí, a small fishing town in Panama. They ran real estate projects and while developing the town, they began to build a tight-knit social circle with locals and travelers.
The two friends had a project in mind. After traveling the world and staying in many places, they believed they could begin to change the world of hospitality and share this community with other travelers. This is how the first Selina was born in Venao, a surf town near Pedasí in 2014.
Once the model was proven to be a success in Venao, the expansion began. Selina is growing quickly in Central America and starting to move into South America, North America and soon Europe.
Selina is proud to be deeply connected to the communities in which it operates.
- We revitalize existing properties to minimize our impact – instead of demolishing and starting from scratch.
- We upcycle old inventory and turn it into innovatively designed furniture.
- Our farms and gardens provide kitchens with fresh vegetables to reduce our carbon footprint and offer healthier food to visitors.
- Volunteer activities promote reforestation efforts.
- We host awareness workshops among the local and traveler communities.
- We keep it clean: volunteers clean up the local area.
- We have integrated waste management and recycling programs across all locations.
- We support local environmental NGOs through Selina Gives Back.